Olayemi is a Nigerian Yoruba lady infatuated with vintage photos and history of Nigeria.
She is the face behind the Nigerian Nostalgia Project, a project set to show Nigeria from late 19th century to 1990s. Historic Of Nigeria
Over time, a lot of things have changed in the country generally. Industrialization happened, modernization and a host of other things to mention but a few and so we picked out fifteen pictures that show a bit of what Nigeria used to be back then.
You can view the entire project here where all the pictures are gotten from.
1. Lagos Market (1956)
2. Police College Lagos (1972)
3. A Nigerian Wedding (1967)
4. A Nigerian market in Iddo Island (1940s)
5. Independence Building and Lagos Harbour (1974)
6. General Post Office, Lagos (1973)
7. The Parliament
8. Western House of Assembly, Ibadan
9. Asaba-Onitsha Ferry (1959)
10. Lagos-Kaduna railway (1936)
11. Central Bank of Nigeria (1950) Historic Of Nigeria
12. Lagos Airport (1960) Historic Of Nigeria
13. Old Carter Bridge, Lagos
14. Class taking place on the streets of Ibadan, 1975 Historic Of Nigeria
15. C.M.S. Cathedral, Ibadan (1966)