Apart from smokers, lung problems can also affect non-smokers and children. Although the number one target group are smokers, this recipe for cleaning your lungs of toxins, including nicotine and tar, is intended for everyone.
It’s important to have in mind that two days before employing this method for lung cleaning, you should avoid dairy products as they may slow down the detox process.
Start Your Lung Detox
In the morning, before you eat breakfast, squeeze the juice of two lemons in 3dl water and drink it.
- During the day, drink 3dl grapefruit or pineapple juice (in case you don’t like grapefruit juice). You can also use mineral water to improve the taste. These fruits are rich in antioxidants that help clean the lungs.
- Between breakfast and lunch make 3dl carrot juice and drink it. Carrots affect blood alkalization which will also stimulate detoxification.
- During lunch you should drink 4dl juice which contains plenty of potassium. You can easily make it from foods that contain it, such as beets, tomatoes, parsley, figs, or almonds.
- In the evening before going to bed, drink 4dl cranberry juice. This fruit helps the body cope with the bacteria in the lungs.
- It is also important to spend 20 minutes in a hot bath every day during the detox period so that you get toxins out of your body through your skin via perspiration.
- You can additionally use eucalyptus oil. Add 5-10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil in a pot with hot water. Then place your head over the pot covering your head with a towel, and inhale until the water has cooled.