Doughnut is usually deep-fried from a flour dough, and typically either ring-shaped or without a hole, and often filled.
Cooking time: 1:30mins
Recipe type: Snack
Recipe Cuisine: Foreign
Cooking method: Frying
One doughnut contains 251 calories and 9g of fat
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
vegetable oil or shortening for deep-frying
desired coating or icingHere is how to make doughnut
1. Using a small bowl, pour the sugar into the milk and mix with a spoon to dissolve and set aside.
2. Using another bowl, pour in the flour, yeast, salt, and mix together.
3. Pour the milk/sugar mixture and mix gently using a spatula.
4. Add 1/2 cup of water to the batter and mix gently to make a semi thick paste.
5. Add the whisked egg and butter into the batter and mix.
6. Knead the dough till it’s stretchy and not sticky and covers with a clean cloth to double in size. This could take 30minutes to 1 hour.
7. On a clean floured surface, roll out your dough but make sure it’s not too thin so your doughnuts are not flat.
Cut the dough into circles. You can use a small round shaped cover or bowl to make your circles and a smaller container for the middle hole.
8. Heat your vegetable oil in a deep pot and fry the doughnuts till they are brown on both sides.
9. Remove your doughnuts from the pot and drain the excess oil by placing it on a paper towel.
10. You can now coat your doughnuts with sugar on both sides.
Doughnut is a sweet deep-fried confectionery. It is enjoyed by many cultures, around the world; but it is most popular in the West.
It is usually deep-fried from a flour dough, and typically either ring-shaped or without a hole, and often filled.
Like most snack, doughnut is best enjoyed with soft drinks.
Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Gistb4u.com?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us DM or Email: admin@Gistb4u.com. More information here.